Hey, these are some reflection questions from listening to the radio show This American Life .
1) For middle school, I was at Cure of Ars that I had been at since preschool. I had made strong friendships with many people. In 25 years, I think I will still remember reading 12 Angry Men in my Literature class in seventh grade and learning and researching Diane Fossey for a wax museum project in seventh grade as well. I think I will also remember learning how to dissect a squid and frog in my seventh grade science class. There are however, a few events that I hope I remember in 25 years. Most of these memories are from my eighth grade year. I especially hope that I remember my eighth grade musical production of Mulan. During this play I made so many memories and strengthened and created many friendships. I was an ancestor and my best friend was Mulan. There were four other ancestors, Ellie, Delaney, Maggie, and C.J. I created stronger friendships with all of them through the long hours of rehearsals and the shows. It was a great experience to do one last group project with everyone in my grade. I also hope that I remember my eighth grade retreat as well. This was so much fun and strengthened our class's bond. We had it at Camp Tekakwitha and did several of the camp activities such as the power-pole and several trust and bonding exercises. One of the other memories I hope that I remember was my eighth grade graduation. This was one of the highlights of my middle school years. It was bitter-sweet. Our class was a tight- knit group, and at the after party there were several tears shed. However, it was still a lot of fun and is still one of my favorite memories.
In every middle school "career" there are always a few low points for everyone. For me that was parts of sixth grade. Don't get me wrong, sixth grade had several high points, but this was the most dramatic year of my life. There was a lot of gossip and rumors between close friends. Some of this happened to me and I hope that in 25 years I will have completely forgotten about it.
2) I have never moved schools except when I moved this year to Sion. However, during my 3 years in middle school, many new students came to my school in seventh and eighth grade. During seventh grade a girl named Kathia came to our school from Florida. I met her at a swimming party before school started, and we became friends. Also a girl named Mikaela and we became better friends during eighth grade year and the play. And a girl named Kate who was super nice as well. Also eighth grade several new students came to our school a girl named Madison and another one named Maddie. There were also 2 boys, named Colin and Will. Madison and I became close friends and she was super funny and sweet. These people that came as new students knowing, some of them, no one, left knowing everyone and being part of our graduating class. We all became one class. I found these new students as new opportunities to make friends that I might have for the rest of my life.
3) During middle school, everyone is trying to figure out who they are and is trying out different personalities. One girl in my grade was somewhat like this. One day she would be really mean, and the next really nice. She would be your friend and be so nice and funny and was a great friend in sixth grade. Then, in seventh grade she had changed, but was still really nice but was more serious and talked about different topics and had different interests. She was trying out different personalities trying to figure out who she was and who she wanted to become. This was an interesting experience to see how she changed and how all her interests changed over my three years of middle school.
Well, I hope you enjoy this!
No comments:
Post a Comment